Ready to Rock Academic Success Like You Never Knew You Could?
Matriculation, credit hours, syllabus, capstone, corequisite… wait… what the hell? Are you feeling stressed, grumpy, exhausted, or overwhelmed? Feel like you thought you were going to college and instead entered an alien land with a whole new language? Wondering if you made the right choice? College is life changing, complete with culture shock. It’s exciting and overwhelming all at the same time.
Even you graduate students who’ve mastered the secrets of the undergraduate world may now find yourselves navigating a new world of comprehensive exams, teaching requirements, research credits, theses, and dissertations. Sometimes it feels like just too much! but it doesn’t have to, you can have low-stress academic success.
There’s a Better Way to Succeed
As a Certified Life Coach specializing in academic success who has also successfully navigated an undergraduate program, master’s degree, and Ph.D., I know what it’s like to walk through the strange, exciting, and anxiety provoking world of academia. I know what it’s like to feel overwhelmed by the demands of college. I know what it’s like being on your own for the first time, while trying to figure out who you are, and find the right major, all without wasting time (and money) floundering in the wrong program. And I know what it feels like to overcome these challenges, shake the hands of my dissertation committee, and walk away newly christened Dr. Cristie Glasheen. If you want to feel that feeling of success, whether it’s walking across the stage to receive your undergraduate degree, or being hooded for your graduate degree, let me help.
What I Can Do for You
I offer coaching for undergraduate and graduate students tailored to your needs.
Undergraduate Student Coaching
- Stress Management
- Time Management (a.k.a. where the hell did my day go?)
- Building Great Study Habits
- Projects and Presentation Skills (i.e., how not to die of stage fright)
- Figuring Out Yourself and Your Major
- Managing Life Challenges (roommates, partners, nightmare instructors, money)
- Preparing for Life After Graduation (preparing for your career, writing a stunning resume and exceptional cover letter)
- Graduate School Application Assistance (for those who haven’t quite had enough of academia)
Graduate Student Coaching
- Stress and Anxiety Management (alternate title: you can keep your sanity)
- Handling Criticism and Feedback
- Overcoming Impostor Syndrome (you know, that feeling you have that one of these days people will figure out you aren’t as smart as they think you are)
- Overcoming Perfectionism
- Maintaining Motivation
- Low-stress Productivity
- Project Management for Theses and Dissertations
- Effective Writing for Researchers
- Theses and Dissertation Support
- Dissertation Defense Preparation (i.e. defending with confidence)
Are You Ready to Step Strong into Academic Success?
Then join me for a FREE Academic Success Coaching sample session to find out how. It’s easy. Just follow these simple steps:
- Click on the big button below (it’s big and red, you know you want to) and select Free Sample Session to see available dates and times.
- Click on the calendar to select a day and the available times will be listed on the right (times are displayed in U.S. Eastern, hover the mouse over the calendar to see available times in your time zone).
- Select a time and follow the instructions to schedule the session.
- For your convenience, you’ll receive a reminder email/text the day before the session.
- Then, I’ll call you on the telephone and we’ll chat. I’ll give you some tools to take with you on your academic journey and we chat about additional ways I can help. Best of all, it’s FREE. So, are you with me? Let’s step into academic success together. Schedule a sample session today.
“Cristie’s academic coaching was instrumental in helping me get over the final hurdles of finishing and defending my doctoral dissertation. Cristie is skilled at identifying and helping people like me work through the barriers, both internal and external, that might otherwise get in the way of achieving academic success. Her ability to understand and communicate others’ perspectives of a situation was invaluable to me as I prepared for my dissertation defense. I highly recommend her services to anyone who is looking for an academic coach.” -Kathy, 2015
*Mills, C., Heyworth, J., Rosenwax, L., Carr, S., & Rosenberg, M. (2009). Factors associated with the academic success of first year Health Science students. Advances in Health Sciences Education, 14(2), 205-217.